Icelandic Hairdresser of the Year 2020
“Show your expertise in creating a contemporary female look with a focus on cut, color, styling and overall look.”
Who can participate?
- All qualified hairdressers who work in Iceland, may participate in the category Icelandic Hairdresser of the Year.
- Participants can only send one hairstyle on one model pr. picture. If the participant uploads more than one entry, only the last submission will be valid.
- A hairdresser can only participate from one salon/organization in one country pr. year.
- Employees of Freeminds Media A/S or their families are not allowed to participate or judge Nordic Hair Awards.
- Submit 2 photos of one hairstyle on one model, from two different angles.
- Submit the same 2 photos (original files from photographer) before any post production or retouching.
- Photos do not have to be photographed as a portrait, but they do need to focus on the hair, especially in terms of lighting and pose.
- Each photo must be in standing position in JPG-format. Size: 210 x 297 mm / 2339 x 3508 px. Image resolution: 300 ppi.
- The photos must not previously have been published.
- No logos, text, names or products are allowed in the pictures.
- Name the photo file with your name, salon name and category.
- Photos must be submitted before deadline, at midnight on 17th February 2020.
- The hairstyle must be created solely by the participant between 31st March 2019 and 17th February 2020.
- It is the hairdresser’s performance and end-result that will be judged, and NOT the photographer’s expertise with photo-enhancing programs that are emphasized in the assessment.
- The photos are judged by cut, color, styling and overall look.
- No wigs, hair extensions or hair pieces are allowed.
- Photos should be in color and the hair should be commercial, wearable and contemporary.
- The jury appoints eight nominees.
- Nominees’ work will be displayed on www.nordichairawards.com for public online voting.
- The results of the online voting will not be publicly displayed.
Finals & Nordic Hair Awards 7th June 2020 in Copenhagen
- Three finalists from each country will be selected through public online voting.
- Finalists’ work will be displayed at Nordic Hair Awards and Expo 2020.
- The jury will appoint the winner and the jury’s decision is final.
- The finalists in Icelandic Hairdresser of the Year will NOT be part of the judging for Nordic Hairdresser of the Year.
- Winners will be announced at the Award ceremony during Nordic Hair Awards.
- Participation is free of charge.
- Finalists will be provided with one single hotel room each by Freeminds Media A/S for the participant from Saturday 6th to Monday 8th June 2020 to attend Nordic Hair Awards.
- Freeminds Media A/S is not responsible for any transportation to and from Copenhagen.
If any of the above rules are not followed, your participation may be returned or disqualified. We reserve the right to do minor changes in the rules if necessary.
The competition opens on 21st October 2019, and closes at midnight on 17th February 2020.
The participant grants Freeminds Media A/S, and those authorized by Freeminds Media A/S, the right and license to use the images and names of all parties involved to publicly display, distribute, edit, transmit, reproduce and create derivative works using the images, in whole or in part, in any media format, as part of the Nordic hair Awards competition or for any Freeminds Media A/S purpose, including publicizing and promoting Nordic Hair Awards or Freeminds Media A/S publications in the future. This grant includes Freeminds Media A/S international partners.
The participant will not use the images for any public posting or purpose, or in any advertising or promotion, before 18th February 2020. This license is royalty-free, worldwide and perpetual, without restriction as to date, location or manner of Freeminds Media A/S use. Freeminds Media A/S will include a photo credit, including the participants name, with any photo used for publicity or promotional purposes, if feasible. Freeminds Media A/S retain all other rights to these images.
The participant has full responsibility regarding third party agreements and should inform all involved (photographer, model, makeup artist, suppliers etc.) about the rules that apply.