Icelandic Hairdresser of the Year
“Show your expertise in creating a contemporary female look with a focus on cut, color, styling and overall look.”
Who can participate?
- All qualified hairdressers who work in Iceland, may participate in the category Icelandic Hairdresser of the Year.
- An individual can only participate from one salon in one region in any one year.
- No employee of Freeminds Media A/S or their families will be allowed to participate.
- Participation in the competition is free of charge and starts 18th February and ends 31st March 2019
- Submit 2 photos of one hairstyle, from two different angels, created by you during the past 12 months (18th February 2018 – 18th February 2019). Submit the same 2 photos before any post production or retouching.
- Photos do not have to be photographed as a portrait, but they do need to focus on the hair, especially in terms of lighting and pose.
- Name the images with your name and salon name.
- The overall size of each photograph must be in standing position in JPG-format. Size: 210 x 297 mm / 2339 x 3508 px. Image resolution: 300 ppi.
- It is the hairdresser’s performance and end-result that will be judged, and NOT the photographer’s expertise with photo-enhancing programs that are emphasized in the assessment.
- The organizers and judges reserve the right to question any photographs which appear to be computer enhanced.
- The photos are judged by cut, color, styling and overall look.
- No wigs or hair pieces can be used in the category Icelandic Hairdresser of the Year.
- No logos or products are allowed in the pictures.
- Photos should be in color and the hair should be commercial, wearable and contemporary.
- All work submitted for the Nordic Hair Awards must be solely the work of the participant.
- Work submitted for Nordic Hair Awards, must not have previously been published.
- All work is accepted in good faith. Instant disqualification will apply to any candidates found abusing this.
Finals & Nordic Hair Awards 9th June 2019 in Copenhagen
- The jury appoints the 3 finalists that will be informed in the beginning of April 2019.
- Finalists’ work will be published on nordichairawards.com for public online voting 15th April – 1St June 2019.
- Finalists’ work will be displayed at Nordic Hair Awards & Expo 9th June in Copenhagen.
- The 3 finalists will be provided with 1 single hotel room by Freeminds Media A/S for the participant from Saturday 8th to Monday 10th June 2019 to attend the Nordic Hair Awards competition and award ceremony.
- Freeminds Media A/S is not responsible for any transportation to and from Copenhagen.
- Winners will be announced at the Award ceremony during Nordic Hair Awards.
If any of the above rules are not followed, your participation may be returned or disqualified.
The participant grants Freeminds Media A/S, and those authorized by Freeminds Media A/S, the right and license to use the images and names of all parties involved to publicly display, distribute, edit, transmit, reproduce and create derivative works using the images, in whole or in part, in any media format, as part of the Nordic hair Awards competition or for any Freeminds Media A/S purpose, including publicizing and promoting Nordic Hair Awards or Freeminds Media A/S publications in the future. This grant includes Freeminds Media A/S international partners.
The participant will not use the images for any public posting or purpose, or in any advertising or promotion, before 15th February 2019. This license is royalty-free, worldwide and perpetual, without restriction as to date, location or manner of Freeminds Media A/S use. Freeminds Media A/S will include a photo credit, including the participants name, with any photo used for publicity or promotional purposes, if feasible. Freeminds Media A/S retain all other rights to these images.
The participant has full responsibility regarding third party agreements and should inform all involved (photographer, model, makeup artist, suppliers etc.) about the rules that apply.