Nordic Avant-garde Hairdresser of the Year 2020
“Let your creativity flow freely and create a unique, beautiful and progressive look.”
Who can participate?
- All hairdressers who work in Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark (including Faroe Islands), are qualified to participate.
- Participants cannot enter the same pictures or model into several categories but may participate in more than one category with different photos and models.
- Participants can only send one hairstyle on one model pr. picture pr. category. If the participant uploads more than one entry in the same category, only the last submission will be valid.
- A hairdresser can only participate from one salon/organization in one country pr. year.
- Employees of Freeminds Media A/S or their families are not allowed to participate or judge Nordic Hair Awards.
- Submit 2 photos of one hairstyle on one model, from two different angles.
- Submit the same 2 photos (original files from photographer) before any post production or retouching.
- Photos shall be in colour and focus on the hair, especially in terms of lighting and pose.
- Each photograph must be in standing position in JPG-format. Size: 210 x 297 mm / 2339 x 3508 px. Image resolution: 300 ppi.
- The photos must not previously have been published.
- No logos, text, names or products are allowed in the pictures.
- Name the photo files with your name, salon name and category.
- Photos must be submitted before deadline, at midnight on 17th February 2020.
- The hairstyle must be created solely by the participant between 17th February 2019 and 17th February 2020.
- It is the hairdresser’s performance and end-result that will be judged, and NOT the photographer’s expertise in photo-enhancing programs.
- Photos are judged by styling technique, composition, creativity and overall look.
- There are no limits on the use of hair pieces and extensions, if it’s integrated in the natural hair. Full wigs are not allowed.
- Hair accessories are allowed as long as the hair still is in focus.
- The organizers and judges reserve the right to question any photographs which appear to be computer enhanced.
- All work is accepted in good faith. Instant disqualification will apply to any candidates found abusing this.
- The jury appoints nominees.
- Nominees’ work will be displayed on www.nordichairawards.com for public online voting.
- The results of the online voting will not be publicly displayed.
Live finals & Nordic Hair Awards 7th June 2020 in Copenhagen
- One finalist from each country will be selected by the beginning of April. The finalist will be chosen from a combination of the points from public online voting and from the jury. The finalist will be informed directly.
- During Nordic Hair Awards the finalists will recreate their look live in front of the jury to evaluate. The model doesn’t have to be the same as in the original photos, but the look must be the same.
- If a participant is a finalist in more than one live category, it is the finalist own responsibility to manage their time in order to participate in all the live competitions.
- In all live-categories finalists are allowed to have assistants during backstage preparations but not during the live competition. The organizers must be informed about this prior to the event. The assistants will have to buy their own entrance ticket and hotel.
- The winner of Nordic Hairdresser of the Year will be appointed by the jury from the finalists who compete live in Women’s, Men’s, Avant-garde and Colour Technician.
- The jury’s decision is final.
- Winners will be announced at the Award ceremony during Nordic Hair Awards.
- Participation costs DKK 149 per entry.
- Finalists will get two entrance tickets, one for themselves and one for their model.
- Finalists that live more than 50 km from the venue will be provided with 1 double hotel room (to share) in Copenhagen by Freeminds Media A/S for the participant and the model from Saturday 6th to Monday 8th June 2020 to attend the Nordic Hair Awards live competition and award ceremony. You can upgrade to two single rooms at your own cost by contacting the hotel. The organizers must be informed about the hotel need prior to the event.
- Freeminds Media A/S is not responsible for any transportation to and from Copenhagen.
If any of the above rules are not followed, your participation may be returned or disqualified. We reserve the right to do minor changes in the rules if necessary.
The competition closes at midnight on 17th February 2020.
The participant grants Freeminds Media A/S, and those authorized by Freeminds Media A/S, the right and license to use the images and names of all parties involved to publicly display, distribute, edit, transmit, reproduce and create derivative works using the images, in whole or in part, in any media format, as part of the Nordic hair Awards competition or for any Freeminds Media A/S purpose, including publicizing and promoting Nordic Hair Awards or Freeminds Media A/S publications in the future. This grant includes Freeminds Media A/S international partners.
The participant must not use the images for any public posting or purpose, or in any advertising or promotion, before 18th February 2020. This license is royalty-free, worldwide and perpetual, without restriction as to date, location or manner of Freeminds Media A/S use. Freeminds Media A/S will include a photo credit, including the participants name, with any photo used for publicity or promotional purposes, if feasible. Freeminds Media A/S retain all other rights to these images.
The participants have full responsibility regarding third party agreements and should inform all involved (photographer, model, makeup artist, suppliers etc.) about the rules that apply.