Nordic Colour Technician of the Year
“Showcase your ability to create innovative colour creations with perfect precision.”
Who can participate?
- All hairdressers who work in Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark (including Faroe Islands), are qualified to participate.
- Participants cannot enter the same pictures into several categories but may participate in more than one category with different photos.
- Participants can only send one hairstyle pr. category.
- A hairdresser can only participate from one salon/organization in one country pr. year.
- Employees of Freeminds Media A/S or their families are not allowed to participate or judge Nordic Hair Awards.
- Submit 2 photos of one hairstyle, from two different angles.
- Submit the same 2 photos before any post production or retouching.
- Photos shall be in colour and focus on the hair, especially in terms of lighting and pose.
- Each photograph must be in standing position in JPG-format. Size: 210 x 297 mm / 2339 x 3508 px. Image resolution: 300 ppi.
- The photos must not previously have been published.
- No logos or products are allowed in the pictures.
- Name the photos with your name, salon name and category.
- The hairstyle must be created solely by the participant between 15th January 2018 and 15th February 2019.
- It is the hairdresser’s performance and end-result that will be judged, and NOT the photographer’s expertise in photo-enhancing programs.
- Photos are judged by cut, colour and styling, with focus on colour and colour placement.
- No wigs or pieces can be used.
- The hairstyle must be commercial, wearable and contemporary.
- The jury appoints nominees.
- Nominees’ work will be displayed on www.nordichairawards.com for public online voting.
Live finals & Nordic Hair Awards 9th June 2019 in Copenhagen
- Two finalists from each country will be selected latest by the beginning of April. One through public online voting and one by the jury. The finalist will be informed directly.
- During Nordic Hair Awards the finalists will recreate their look live in front of the jury to evaluate. The model doesn’t have to be the same as in the original photos, but the look must be the same.
- The winner of Nordic Hairdresser of the Year will be appointed by the jury from the finalists who compete live in Women’s, Men’s, Avant-garde and Colour Technician.
- The jury’s decision is final.
- Winners will be announced at the Award ceremony during Nordic Hair Awards.
- Participation is free of charge.
- Finalists that live more than 50 km from the venue will be provided with 2 single hotel rooms in Copenhagen by Freeminds Media A/S for the participant and the model from Saturday 8th to Monday 10th June 2019 to attend the Nordic Hair Awards live competition and award ceremony.
- Freeminds Media A/S is not responsible for any transportation to and from Copenhagen.
If any of the above rules are not followed, your participation may be returned or disqualified.
The participant grants Freeminds Media A/S, and those authorized by Freeminds Media A/S, the right and license to use the images and names of all parties involved to publicly display, distribute, edit, transmit, reproduce and create derivative works using the images, in whole or in part, in any media format, as part of the Nordic hair Awards competition or for any Freeminds Media A/S purpose, including publicizing and promoting Nordic Hair Awards or Freeminds Media A/S publications in the future. This grant includes Freeminds Media A/S international partners.
The participant will not use the images for any public posting or purpose, or in any advertising or promotion, before 15th February 2019. This license is royalty-free, worldwide and perpetual, without restriction as to date, location or manner of Freeminds Media A/S use. Freeminds Media A/S will include a photo credit, including the participants name, with any photo used for publicity or promotional purposes, if feasible. Freeminds Media A/S retain all other rights to these images.
The participants have full responsibility regarding third party agreements and should inform all involved (photographer, model, makeup artist, suppliers etc.) about the rules that apply.