Nordic Editorial Stylist of the Year
“Push the boundaries of wearable hair by creating a modern, fashion forward overall look.”
Who can participate?
- All hairdressers who work in Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark (including Faroe Islands), are qualified to participate.
- Participants cannot enter the same pictures into several categories but may participate in more than one category with different photos.
- Participants can only send one hairstyle pr. category.
- A hairdresser can only participate from one salon/organization in one country in any one year.
- Employees of Freeminds Media A/S or their families are not allowed to participate or judge Nordic Hair Awards.
- Submit a series of 3 photos (format: closeup, medium shot and long shot) created by the participant.
- Photos shall focus on the hair, especially in terms of lighting and pose. It does not have to be portrait.
- Name the photos with your name, salon name and category.
- Each photograph must be in standing position in JPG-format. Size: 210 x 297 mm / 2339 x 3508 px. Image resolution: 300 ppi.
- Photos can be in colour or black and white.
- Work submitted for Nordic Editorial Stylist of the Year, must not previously have been entered in a competition. Previously published material is allowed.
- No logos or products are allowed in the pictures.
- The hairstyle must be commercial, wearable and contemporary.
- The photos are judged after appearance of the overall look, styling and makeup, with focus on hair styling.
- Hair pieces can be used in the category Nordic Editorial Stylist of the Year, if they appear natural.
- The hairstyle must be created solely by the participant between 15th January 2018 and 15th February 2019.
- It is the hairdresser’s performance and end-result that will be judged, and NOT the photographer’s expertise in photo-enhancing programs.
- The jury appoints nominees.
- Nominees’ work will be displayed on www.nordichairawards.com for public online voting.
Finals & Nordic Hair Awards 9th June 2019 in Copenhagen
- One finalist from each country will be selected by online voting latest by the beginning of April. The finalist will be informed directly.
- Finalists’ work will be displayed at Nordic Hair Awards.
- The jury will appoint the winner and the jury’s decision is final.
- The finalists in Nordic Editorial Stylist of the Year will not be part of the judging for Nordic Hairdresser of the Year.
- Winners will be announced at the Award ceremony during Nordic Hair Awards.
- Participation is free of charge.
- Finalists that live more than 50 km from the venue will be provided with 1 single hotel room by Freeminds Media A/S for the participant from Saturday 8th to Monday 10th June 2019 to attend Nordic Hair Awards.
- Freeminds Media A/S is not responsible for any transportation to and from Copenhagen.
If any of the above rules are not followed, your participation may be returned or disqualified.
The participant grants Freeminds Media A/S, and those authorized by Freeminds Media A/S, the right and license to use the images and names of all parties involved to publicly display, distribute, edit, transmit, reproduce and create derivative works using the images, in whole or in part, in any media format, as part of the Nordic hair Awards competition or for any Freeminds Media A/S purpose, including publicizing and promoting Nordic Hair Awards or Freeminds Media A/S publications in the future. This grant includes Freeminds Media A/S international partners.
The participant will not use the images for any public posting or purpose, or in any advertising or promotion, before 15th February 2019. This license is royalty-free, worldwide and perpetual, without restriction as to date, location or manner of Freeminds Media A/S use. Freeminds Media A/S will include a photo credit, including the participants name, with any photo used for publicity or promotional purposes, if feasible. Freeminds Media A/S retain all other rights to these images.
The participants have full responsibility regarding third party agreements and should inform all involved (photographer, model, makeup artist, suppliers etc.) about the rules that apply.