Nordic Young Talent of the Year
“Show your youthful, unrestricted creativity as a young hairdresser or student born in 1994 and after.”
Who can participate?
- All hairdressers or hairdresser students who work or study in Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark (including Faroe Islands), and are born in 1994 and after, may participate.
- Participants cannot enter the same pictures into several categories but may participate in more than one category with different photos.
- Participants can send in one hairstyle pr. category.
- A hairdresser can only participate from one salon or school in one country pr. year.
- Employees of Freeminds Media A/S or their families are not allowed to participate or judge Nordic Hair Awards.
- Submit one photo of one hairstyle.
- The photo shall be in colour and focus on the hair, especially in terms of lighting and pose.
- Each photograph must be in standing position in JPG-format. Size: 210 x 297 mm / 2339 x 3508 px. Image resolution: 300 ppi.
- The photo must not previously have been published.
- No logos or products are allowed in the pictures.
- Name the photos with your name, salon or school name and category.
- The hairstyle must be commercial, wearable and contemporary.
- The photos are judged by cut, colour and styling, with focus on the overall look.
- No wigs or pieces can be used.
- The hairstyle must be created solely by the participant between 15th January 2018 and 15th February 2019.
- It is the hairdresser’s performance and end-result that will be judged, and NOT the photographer’s expertise in photo-enhancing programs.
- The jury appoints nominees.
- Nominees’ work will be displayed on www.nordichairawards.com for public online voting.
Finals & Nordic Hair Awards 9th June 2019 in Copenhagen
- One finalist from each country will be selected by online voting latest by the beginning of April. The finalist will be informed directly.
- Finalists’ work will be displayed at Nordic Hair Awards.
- The jury will appoint the winner and the jury’s decision is final.
- The finalists in Nordic Young Talent of the Year will not be part of the judging for Nordic Hairdresser of the Year.
- Winners will be announced at the Award ceremony during Nordic Hair Awards.
- Participation is free of charge.
- Finalists that live more than 50 kilometres from the venue will be provided with 1 single hotel room by Freeminds Media A/S for the participant from Saturday 8th to Monday 10th June 2019 to attend Nordic Hair Awards.
- Freeminds Media A/S is not responsible for any transportation to and from Copenhagen.
If any of the above rules are not followed, your participation may be returned or disqualified.
The Nordic Young Talent of the Year competition is closed for registration for 2019.
Thank you everyone who has competed in this category – you are awesome!
The participant grants Freeminds Media A/S, and those authorized by Freeminds Media A/S, the right and license to use the images and names of all parties involved to publicly display, distribute, edit, transmit, reproduce and create derivative works using the images, in whole or in part, in any media format, as part of the Nordic hair Awards competition or for any Freeminds Media A/S purpose, including publicizing and promoting Nordic Hair Awards or Freeminds Media A/S publications in the future. This grant includes Freeminds Media A/S international partners.
The participant will not use the images for any public posting or purpose, or in any advertising or promotion, before 15th February 2019. This license is royalty-free, worldwide and perpetual, without restriction as to date, location or manner of Freeminds Media A/S use. Freeminds Media A/S will include a photo credit, including the participants name, with any photo used for publicity or promotional purposes, if feasible. Freeminds Media A/S retain all other rights to these images.
The participants have full responsibility regarding third party agreements and should inform all involved (photographer, model, makeup artist etc.) about the rules that apply.